Cauliflower, Mushroom & Leek Soup
An older Supporters clip from 2016.
Hi Folks. Here’s a quick look at the leftover soup we added a few bits to so we could stretch it out for dinner last night.
The amounts I’ve used in this recipe were a bit of a guess as it was based on leftovers, but here goes anyway.
Cauliflower, Mushroom & Leek Soup.
1 medium head cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
200g brown (Swiss) mushroom, chopped into quarters
1 medium leek, sliced thin
2 large cloves of garlic, crushed
½ tsp of stock powder (optional, we didn’t add it)
½ cup milk powder
salt & pepper to season
• Add cauliflower & mushrooms to the pot.
• Cover with about 4cm/1½” of water then bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer.
• While the veggies are simmering in the pot you can fry off the leek in a nob of butter or preferred oil. Set aside once they start to caramelise.
Now back to the pot 😊
• Remove pot from heat once cauliflower is soft.
• Remove half the remaining liquid. Keep to one side as it may be needed.
• Add in the leek & garlic to the pot then blitz with stick blender until smooth. You can also add the veggies into a food processor or blender & puree them there. PLEASE be careful when using these tools with hot liquids. I have seen the burns they can cause first hand when folks aren’t careful & they aren’t pretty. 😩
• Add in the milk & stock powder (if you’re adding it) & stir through. You can add in some of the reserved liquid if you think it needs more to make a creamy consistency. (The rest can be used to give the plants in the patch a bit of a feed once it’s cooled down.)
• Return to the heat & cook on a slow simmer for 15-20 min. This will give time for the garlic to add flavour to the soup.
• season with salt & pepper. We held off on the salt & used some of the celery salt. I also used the celery salt to dress up the soup once served as you saw in the clip.
Hope you enjoy the soup if you try it.
Subscribe Here► https://goo.gl/vCXkP5
Would be great to see you come along & say “G’Day” when we post a clip.
Our Bits Out the Back Aquaponic & Garden store & affiliate link page
My Amazon Influencer page where you’ll find gear I use around the patch & Aquaponics listed
FARM YOUR OWN YARD Supporters site.
“Farm You Own Yard” is a dedicated Supporters/Members site where I host my exclusive, supporters only content for folks that would like to support the channel.
One off contributions can be made to PayPal ► https://www.paypal.me/RobertGrayAU
Thanks to all our YouTube & SubscribeStar supporters for your ongoing support & friendship.
A HUGE THANKS needs to go out tho these Super Supporters for supporting our channel,
Rick Campbell from PineSeed Computer Repair – Data Recovery
https://pineseed.com.au – Computer Repair and Data Recovery
Servicing the Toowoomba Area (QLD Australia)
Ben from Ben’s Chicken Racing Tambo (QLD Australia)
Ben runs Chicken Races raising money for charity, and has an aquaponics farm too!
You can check out Ben’s Facebook page here
Tina from BS Ranch
A homestead raising, ducks, chickens, goats + more in Oak Harbor, Washington while working on Masters of Plant Health Management with Ohio State University Grad School.
MRWS Instruments – Cigar Box Guitar Emporium
Specialising in parts and accessories for handmade instruments.
CBG • BASS • GUITAR
Ralph F Barnes Jr
Aqua Gardening Brisbane Australia.
Shop Online or Learn about Hydroponics and Aquaponics. Worldwide Shipping!
“I do a semi-regular podcast, which posts to my YouTube page”
(Explicit… really explicit)
Woodworking Chicago based Artist
@sallyweinerart on Instagram
Root & Ramble Tee Shirts I wear in many clips are available here ► https://rootnramble.com/
I don’t get anything for this, just like the shirts 😉 🙂
Follow us on
Facebook ► https://www.facebook.com/Bitsouttheback
Instagram ► bits_out_the_back
Tumblr ► https://bitsouttheback.tumblr.com/
Twitter ► @RobsUrbanFarm
Pintrest ► https://au.pinterest.com/bitsouttheback
Rob (That’s me 😉) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Influencer/Associates Program, an influencer/affiliate advertising program designed to provide means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to https://www.amazon.com/shop/bnbob01
#cauliflowersoup #SupporterClip #Tasty
5 Ways To Plan A Cheap Healthy Diet
You can only submit entirely new text for analysis once every 7 seconds.Health Benefits of Vitamin D Foods – Good Sleep, Bones, Immunity
Fresh Herbs In Healthy Tossed Salads Of Andre Rochat, Patricia Wells and Giada De Laurentiis
Sugar May Make Us Prefer High-Fat Foods
Benefits Of Meal Replacement Shakes
Fabulous Native Foods Nutrition: Hearts Of Palm, Banana Stem, Salak And Sago Palm Fruits
Diet for Active People
Magnesium Benefits Insomnia, Hot Flashes, Heart Health and Bones
7 Reasons to Buy Your Food Locally
Significance Of Vitamins In Our Diet